As of 2017, all Edge and Ultra teams are required to get a Chinese visa. If you're applying for Charge, your visa requirements will depend on the trip you're applying for. China, Hong Kong and Rooftop (Tibet) require the Chinese visa. 

The process can appear complicated, but stick to following the instructions as best you can, and if you run into any snags, let us know.